Stan's Pals bespoke wedding service
On our special day we want to be surrounded by our family and our closest friends yet our best friend is often excluded. I can’t imagine getting married without my dogs being a part of the day and so many people also feel that way. If you dream of having your dog as part of your big day Stan's Pals can help make that dream come true.
Our trained dog handlers can bring your dog along to the wedding and make sure they are kept happy and well looked after while they are there. There will be great opportunities for photos and our team will help make this nice and easy as they will be armed as usual with our home baked tasty treats to keep your loved one focused – your dog not the bride or the groom lol.
Every wedding is unique and every dog we work with is different so we will sit down with you and discuss exactly what you want, we do have lots of good suggestions of how to make sure you and your dog really have an amazing time with some great photos to treasure but this is your Day and it is important that your dreams are fulfilled. We will do everything we can to ensure your day is magical and your dog gets to celebrate and have fun as well.
It is common for family or friends to want to give the gift of having your dog at the wedding as a surprise and we are also happy to help arrange this. Just give us a ring to discuss what is needed to spring a K9 surprise.
Our bespoke package starts at £150 and for this you and your dog will get -
- Two trained members of our team as escorts at the wedding making sure your dog is safe and happy at all times.
- Safe transport up to 10 miles in total to the venue and back to wherever the dog is being cared for while his or her family are off getting married – this will be in a secure and safe means of transport that has been risk assessed and selected to suit the dog’s size, breed and temperament.
- Generally dogs are transported in crates but if your dog is very large or has issues with being placed in a crate we will come up with an alternative plan to suit the needs of your dog.
- There may be an extra fee for exceptionally large dogs or those with problems travelling but usually we can come up with a plan that works for your dog.
- We do of course transport dogs much greater distances and this is charged at £1 per mile over 10 miles up to a total of 100 miles.
- Trips over 100 miles for the round trip are quoted for an individual basis.
- Comfort breaks and any necessary clean ups (even little incidents inside caused by excitement or stress.)
- Supply of food and water as required.
- Our handlers are trained to cope with emergencies and are capable of giving animal first aid should the need arise.
- A walk prior to attending the wedding should this be needed to help your dog be calm and attentive during the photo session.
- Preparation for the photo session including any required clean up and brush or comb and dressing in accessories as required which may include bow ties, bandanas, party dresses or whatever you have requested.
- A selection of our top quality and very tempting treats to help ensure your pet stays well behaved and attentive.
- Dog walk the day before – or a course of walks over the proceeding days. This frees up your time to concentrate on the wedding and allows our team to build a bond with your dog ensuring they then have a positive experience on the wedding day as they see the dog handlers as their friends.
- Pet sitting through out the wedding day can be arranged so you are not worried about your pet while you are enjoying your big day
- Pet sitting over night for the wedding night, before the wedding for stag or hen do and for your honeymoon - our pet sitting services are very popular though so we need to warn you that they may be fully booked often over year in advance
- Strictly dogs wedding wear range – from a simple collar bow to a frilly brides maids dress or a full on doggie Tux
- Grooming treatments - ensures your pets look great for all your wedding photos.
We are sorry but our insurance does not cover us to work
with horses. We are however willing to discuss escorting other pets to your
wedding including cats, ferrets, rabbits and more all cared for by our highly
For full info on what we can do to make your day even more special come and visit us in the shop for a chat or even better come along to Swadlincote wedding fair where we will be very focused on weddings and we will have the odd glass of bubbly to share while we discuss your needs.
On 29th April we will be holding a wedding and special occasion dress sale to raise funds to help us continue our work with pet families in crisis. Our shop will be open 10am to 2pm and there will be amazing bargain prices on the dresses many of which are brand new samples. Be sure to pop in for a FREE glass of fizz and see the lovely dresses. :)