Stan’s Pals Ltd - Groomer job vacancy, based in our Swadlincote town centre shop.
£8 per hour initially with potential for performance related bonus scheme to increase salary for the right applicant.
Depending on the needs of the business and the number of bookings – flexible to suit applicant as you will have input in setting up and running your own diary. We anticipate it will be at least 20 hours a week with potential for more hours as demand increases.
Qualifications and experience
We are looking for a fully qualified groomer who has experience with a variety of breeds and we will need to see certificates and references.
The role and a bit about us at Stan’s Pals
We are a pet care business and have been trading in the Swad area for several years. Our main work is dog walking, pet sitting and training and last year we opened a small shop in the town centre. In our shop we sell raw food, our own home baked treat range and a selection of dog and cat accessories, treats and foods.
We have a small and very passionate team who work hard to ensure that the animals we work with have a good time when they are with us. We offer a wide range of services and this is growing ever wider. We like to explore new avenues to help customers and expand our work with the animals we love.
We need to add to our teams as we are in the process of building a bigger groom room to expand our grooming services. We hope the successful candidate can progress to managing this area of our business once the bigger groom room is set up and running. We groom dogs and cats and the occasional rabbit or chicken. The intention is, once all the building work is completed, to have a small separate room for cats and other animals and a larger room for dogs.
Should you wish to apply you need to
- Love animals and have a good understanding of dog’s and their behaviour
- Be a skilled and qualified groomer able to work with a variety of different pet dogs and the occasional cat if our cat groomer needs help
- Be a team player who is not afraid of getting stuck into a variety of jobs to help other team members when the need arises
- Have a can-do attitude and the ability to solve problems
- Be able to get on with the job sometimes using your own initiative when other members of the team are working on other tasks
- Be good at admin work and be able to set up and run the groom room admin system
- Be tidy and efficient – we do not have a cleaner, so you will need to keep your work area clean and tidy
Good rate of pay and bonus scheme after completion of probationary period.
Flexible hours which you can increase by helping to build the business should you want to work extra hours
Holiday pay and pension as per standard working rules
We have cake! We have pizza! As a team we have fun and support each other!
To apply - Send a CV and letter explaining why you are suitable for the job to our shop - Stan's Pals Doggie Deli, 5 West Street, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 9DG or email to [email protected] - include details of experience and qualifications.